County Departments working cooperatively to provide
services to Trempealeau County residents.
What is the Department of Land Management?
The Department of Land Management consists of Land Conservation, Planning, Real Property Lister, Surveying, Zoning and Building Inspection. The Department of Land Management is responsible for the administration of county land management plans, programs, ordinances and activities. By these services being included within the Department of Land Management; programs, ordinances and services can be administered more effectively and efficiently.
Goals of the Department of Land Management
- Preserve, protect and enhance the land and water resources of Trempealeau County.
- Protect the health, safety, welfare and quality of life of Trempealeau County residents.
- Provide for efficient, responsible, timely and accountable land management services to county residents and landowners.
- Provide for the efficient and orderly development of Trempealeau County.
- Trempealeau County Environment and Land Use Committee strive to implement the goals of the Trempealeau County Land and Water Plan and the
Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
- Cooperate with other appropriate Committees, Departments, Counties, State and Federal Agencies on Land Management Issues.
- Formalize communication with Town Boards on land management issues.
Kirstie Heidenreich, Larry Gilles, Tess Johnson, Kevin Lien, Nick Gamroth, Carla Doelle,
Jake Budish, Mark Carlson, Ann Hempel, Keith VerKuilen, Virg Gamroth, Becky Arneson